Friday, July 8, 2016

Sub-floor Installation, Day 2

Day 2 of sub-floor installation was focused on finishing up the fascia boards and insulation. I went with the foam board stuff. Dealing with those things was pretty easy. It was messy cutting it but otherwise it was no big deal. It took a little practice to work the spray foam in the cans to fill in the gaps. The only issue I really ran into was that the local Lowe's only had the 3/4" thick boards instead of the 1" and 2" ones. The spaces between the metal framing is 3" deep which meant I had to use more boards to fill it. It took four of the 3/4" boards as opposed one each of the the 1" and 2" boards. Just a little more time consuming.

One highlight was I finally got to use my Dewalt DW326PL framing nailer. I was a little apprehensive at first but I quickly got the hang of it. I purchased it a couple months back, refurbished on Amazon.com. It worked great. I had a smallish Bostitch compressor that we used previously with a staple gun and brad nailer attachment. I was concerned it wouldn't be good enough to work a nail gun but it worked beautifully.

Again, I was working in the elements. 90+ degree heat mixed with some nasty humidity. For the time being, I am able to work under my parent's carport and that provided some relief. Lot's of water and breaks. Once I start installing walls, I will have to find some other shelter to work under.

Day 2 of construction:


Such power!

Insulation and the cutout for my porch.

Working under the carport.

Insulation installed.







Foam board makes a mess!

At the end of day 2, I was feeling more confident. I realized that my plans are drawn up for a passenger side porch but my trailer was built with a driver side porch. That meant I had to do some of my own calculating again for that framing. It worked out and I feel good about it.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for Day 3 of sub-flooring. Thanks for stoppin' by!

-Big Jerm




No comments:

Post a Comment